– Best Ways To Prevent Wrinkles In Your 20’s Or Younger –
As I’ve mentioned in another article on the causes of wrinkles, there are many reasons why we age quicker than we should. And if we don’t want those premature wrinkles on our skin, then we have to combat them as early as we can, even before our 20’s if possible.
- Use Sunscreen
- Sunscreen Guide
- Smoking Cause Wrinkles
- Exercises That Help Prevent Wrinkles
- Sleep And Wrinkles
- Food That Prevent Wrinkles
Listed below are some of the best ways to prevent wrinkles.
Get Away From The Sun – I know this is impossible. So just do the next best thing. Use sunscreen lotion EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. This is the best thing you can do for your skin in your 20’s to prevent wrinkles. Find the best sunscreen lotion both for your face and body. Daily application ensures that you protect your skin from the suns harmful uv rays. There’s a reason why Nicole Kidman is scared of the sun, ladies.
- So you ask “What SPF should I use?” This really depends on your skin color. The lighter you are, the higher the SPF you should be using.Another factor to consider is your activity for the day. When you’re out and about or on a beach holiday for example use sunscreen with an SPF 30 or more. While on days when you don’t get too exposed to the sun, you can use a lesser SPF.
- When you’re not in direct exposure to the sun, it’s ok to apply the best sunscreen once a day. However, if you are outside, remember to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.Sidenote: There are now once-a-day sunscreen that you can buy. They’re a bit more pricey but this means you don’t have to keep reapplying them.
- Use broad spectrum sunscreen. Find one that says UVA and UVB protection. This protects you both from premature wrinkles as well as the cancer-causing properties of the sun.
- Apply sunscreen at least 30 minutes before you get exposed to the sun. This ensures that your skin properly absorbs the cream and that you maximize the sunscreen’s protective qualities.
- Don’t forget to use waterproof sunscreen when you go swimming.
Stop Smoking Or Don’t Start – You may not notice the wrinkles right now but smoking is already doing some damage to your skin nonetheless. And in a few years, you’ll see those wrinkles beginning to form. Smoking is actually one of the major causes of premature wrinkles, so avoid it.
Regularly Use A Moisturizer – It’s best to start early when it comes to moisturizer. Rather than try to erase and reduce wrinkles when you’re older, it works so much better when you actually try to prevent these premature wrinkles your 20’s or even younger. I have a friend who started using moisturizers in her teens and now at 38, she has the softest smoothest and most baby-looking face I’ve ever s<een.
Exercise That Help Prevent Wrinkles – This is probably something you don’t often hear about but regular exercise does give you glowing skin and prevents wrinkles as well. According to an article from Webmd.com, exercise gives your skin optimum conditions for collagen production and this in turn keeps wrinkles and fine lines at bay.
This exercise can include anything from aerobics to yoga or dancing.
Another kind of exercise that’s slowly gaining popularity and which many people swear to be very effective to prevent eye wrinkles and face wrinkles is facial yoga or facial exercises.
Come to think of it. We exercise to tone and tighten our abs or thighs or chests. Isn’t it just as reasonable to do the same thing on our face? The face has one of the softest skin in our body as well as very delicate muscles so exercising them is a very good idea indeed.
Get Enough Of Sleep – According to Dr. Perricone, sleep is one of the most important things we can do for our skin. Whenever we sleep, our body releases what is called a youth hormone which builds us up rather than breaks our skin down. Have you noticed how during exams or a night out your skin looks a bit tired? That’s what lack of sleep can do.
Not enough sleep really does takes its toll on your skin as possible. The recommended number of sleeping hours is 8, but I have personally found that I do well enough with 7.
Drink At Least 8 Glasses Of Water Every Day – 8 glasses is the bare minimum. Water not just benefits your skin but your whole body as well. For your skin to be well moisturized, you need to drink as much water as possible.
Sidenote: There is a continuing debate on whether or not drinking water really benefits the skin or not. While we still don’t know what the verdict is on this one, I say that it is best to just drink enough water anyway. If your skin doesn’t benefit in any way at all, the rest of your body will. So ultimately, you still gain something.
Eat Your Greens – Prevent wrinkles starting at your 20’s through good diet. What you take in and eat shows in your skin. Get off the junk food, the oily food and the unhealthy fast food take outs. Instead, opt for food that have high antioxidants and are rich in protein.
Food That Prevent Wrinkles
If you’re looking to change your diet and eat start to eat healthier food for your skin, listed below are some of the best food that prevent wrinkles in your 20’s
a) Food High In Antioxidants such as blueberries, red kidney beans, acai, cranberries, prunes, plums, apples
b) Food Rich in Vitamin C include kiwi, orange, broccoli, cauliflower, guava, brussel sprouts
c) Food Rich in Vitamin A such as eggs, carrots, apricots and ripe mangoes
d) Food Rich In Vitamin K such as cabbage, alfalfa, liver, yoghurt, and milk
e) Food Rich In Vitamin E includes pine nuts, egg yolks, sweet potato, and almonds
f) Food rich in Omega 3 oil helps prevent wrinkles. These include salmon, flax seed and walnuts