Note: This article is about collagen facial treatment and should not be confused with a collagen injection treatment.
Collagen — it seems to be the buzzword when it comes to skin care and aging. It is therefore no wonder that collagen facial cream and collagen facial treatments are two of the popular skin care products and treatments today.
But does a collagen facial cream really work and if so, will going to a spa for a collagen facial treatment be even better?
Well, these spa facial treatment (which I love by the way) do help a lot in rejuvenating your face and making it look a bit brighter.
However, if you are hoping that a collagen facial treatment will wipe out all the wrinkles in one treatment, then I’m extremely sorry to disappoint you. But those expectations will not be met at all.
Can I Do Collagen Facial Treatment At Home?
Obviously, it’s much more relaxing when you have one at a spa with a properly trained person doing it. But if you want to do it at home, then you can use a collagen facial cream or even your own homemade collagen facial treatment.
This is something you can do at least 1-2 times a month.
Home Collagen Facial Treatment Steps In A Nutshell:
- Always get your face ready for the collagen cream. Cleanse properly to get rid of all impurities.
- After cleansing your skin, properly exfoliate. This ensures that dead skin cells are removed from your face. It also gets your face ready to absorb the collagen cream.
- Apply collagen facial cream or your own homemade cream (two recommended cream listed below). Massage the cream properly on to your face. Massaging is quite tricky. It’s easy if you know how to do it, but you’ll obviously be at a loss if you don’t. Refer to the video below for a quick lesson on facial cream massage.
- Apply a collagen facial mask and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Wash face with warm water.
Best Collagen Face Cream
Listed below are the two of the bestselling Collagen facial cream. Use this daily to improve your skin tone and to reduce fine lines.
You can also use these when you’re doing your own collagen facial treatment at home.
Collagen Facial St Ives – If you’re looking for a cheap collagen facial cream, Collagen Facial St. Ives is one of the best that you can buy over the counter. It costs $5.99 for a 10 oz jar. This moisturizing cream is decidedly one of the best based on many customer reviews. In fact, a lot of people continue to use it for years.
Elemis Pro Collagen Marine Cream – This is pricey but it has been getting a lot of good reviews, so if you can afford it, you might want to give this a try. The main ingredient is Mediterranean sea algae best known for its ability to enhance and boost collagen production.